I've broken the pattern to create this blog which will be updated as I come up with things. Feel free to share your own thoughts and I'll add them and credit you of course! And together we can teach people what universities aren't. Or things they do teach you and you think they don't matter BUT THEY REALLY DO.
- voice work matters - keep it up even though you won't want to
- sometimes nerves will get the better of you and become anxiety and stress. Find your own way to manage this and get on top of it before it gets on top of you.
- PAY ATTENTION WHEN THEY TEACH YOU ABOUT GRANT WRITING. MY GOD. PAY ATTENTION. KEEP THOROUGH NOTES
- being fit and healthy matters. Not from a looks perspective but an ability to perform efficiently and undertake any task required
- find a day job you like. My uni suggested we find a flexible day job, and while I absolutely agree with this, if possible I really suggest finding something you enjoy. If you like it, you want to hurt yourself/other people while at your job, and if it's something you like you're not heaping pressure on auditions in order to escape your day job.
- think about yourself as a business. Presenting yourself, marketing yourself. The sooner you wrap your head around that the better.
Okay they are my starting thoughts. More to come. Please add!